A. He directs His church (Acts 11:4-14)
B. He gives [a] gift to His people. (Acts 11:15-17)
II. IT TEACHES SOMETHING ABOUT THE CHURCH.
A. It faces opposition:
1) From those without. (Many ref. in Acts)
2) From those within. (Acts 11:2-3)
B. It must be careful about excluding others.
1) Every people group is represented. (Acts 11:17-18)
2) Some individuals are restricted.
(Gal. 1:6-9; II Pet. 2:1-3; II Jn. 9-11; I Cor. 5:9-11;
Rev. 2:14-16; II Tim. 3:1-5; Titus 3:10-11; Rom. 16:17)
C. It functions best when:
1) Believers seek to glorify God. (Acts 11:18)
2) Believers seek to encourage each other.
(Mt. 22:36-40; Gal. 6:9-10; Eph. 4:15-16; Heb. 3:13)
III. IT TEACHES SOMETHING ABOUT SALVATION.
A. It involves receiving the Word. (Acts 11:1)
B. It involves believing in the Lord. (Acts 11:17)
C. It involves Repentance. (Acts 11:18)